This Friday I should have a talk on the retirement of Piet Sanders. Piet Sanders is an expert in the field of testing, chairman hans kruse of the Dutch Association of Examinations and worked for years at Cito. I am very honored, because I'm new, not promoted, women, young and mention only some deviations from the average human profile that day. CITO asked me to tell you about my experiences with keys in the field. Anything Now I am for many of my clients, although an expert in key areas, but pales compared Piet Sanders immediately my psychometric knowledge. I go there so tell anything about keys, and abuse this blog to organize my thoughts. Where I recent years a number of occasions found an ally in Peter, was in the quest for good tests that are useful hans kruse in the field. The field was the retail industry. The question was whether there had to be a practical. I am a strong advocate of record as a quality for all, the utility requirement therefore also for keys. And not once and for all make the list of conditions, an end because the utility requirement forces you to look forward to. Context and the real question This remark set me thinking. The proof of the pudding is in the eating, but the proof of the performance in the assessment? I believe it's not so bad. The key is but one of many means to prove or verify that a person is competent. The context often offers many possibilities to check whether someone is competent. Audits are perhaps more appropriate to assess a practical behavior. The real question is almost never achieving the key that goes beyond that. Going into the situations I mean, about being allowed to work in a field, an appeal may exercise. That there may be requirements attached has a clear, demonstrable make it that those requirements have been met already a challenging mission. Ensuring the achievement of a key 100% that that person is a novice practitioner, perhaps a utopia. hans kruse Make keys infer, deduce is lose information, loss information is about taking risks. Right where you wanted to assure quality. When I made my entrance into the world of retail and examination I met many 'males'. Males who has been marching in the box, who knew exactly what a professional. Moreover, they had many ideas about assessment. As you can never describe it as it is still in the fingers and between the ears. Establish fixed criteria hans kruse to judge was not necessary and actually hans kruse impossible. As you have to ask what someone knows, so here is a little help if someone does not know is very wise. Such that the two of assessing a candidate is not required, but if you ask skilled craftsmen as jury. And who all know each other from way back, who do agree. It was a challenging time, and before I had implemented the test matrix and the practical protocol I had changed from that cute girl in the strict woman. At that time I was happy with what I had accomplished, but now I sometimes not so sure. Last I read again the book "The man who loved his wife for a hat", and I went to doubt my quality improvement intervention. Dr. Oliver Sacks describes it. P., an educated man who has lost the ability to pass. A cognitive judgment Not because he can not think, or categorize. Abstract No, because he has lost his intuitive ability and thus the ability to enter personal connection and feel. This by a damage of a part of his brains. Dr. P. no people recognize more, he only sees patterns. He sees his wife for a hat on. Sacks draws a parallel to science, and calls this the psychology and cognitive neuroscience. But it also does not apply to psychometrics. To see it concrete and real and assess, we do not have enough to classify and organize, but we also need to constantly intuitive judgments and feel. For the key expert so I have a question: Does mind having keys that you have to organize or that you have of judging mind mind? Piet Sanders to the thanks that he has awakened with his remark that the utility requirement is important to me. Especially to see that someone has done this with organizing, judging is not forgotten.
2013 (21) October (2) September (1) August (1) May (4) April (4) March (3) February (3) January (3) 2012 (26) December (2) November (2) υ
No comments:
Post a Comment