We have been very concerned about the practical things that need to be addressed here. We were yesterday ordered for a residence permit in addition to the month we got through cold room solutions our entry visas. We think we had prepared well, but had still 3 times to the Immigration office before they accepted our application. It's amazing cold room solutions what they need of papers, cold room solutions and they take care while well paid as it costs 100,000 RWF. (About 1000) per person to get this visa. We did so all morning on this as there was waiting, every time we met up. It was much easier with the application for registration of the Medical Council, sv. t Board of Health, as only quorum 2 times, and there was no wait. There is one for us weird system of payment of fees, as the 60,000 RWF registration in Medical Council costs, to be paid into account in the bank, and you must then return with a receipt from the bank for the process to begin. Car We have spent some time trying to find a decent car. There have been announced a few in an a Yahoo group called "Kigalilife" where private transactions among themselves, but these cars were too expensive or bad. We were then FAMCO's driver activated and thou wilt Michal Miller cold room solutions and Calvin Wilson relies much on him. He found 3 RAV 4, which was for sale, and managed to get the best of these at a very good price compared to what else we've seen. It took most of the morning cold room solutions to get a contract in place and found the 3000 U.S. dollar deposit. We are now waiting to transfer money from DK, since we can not get the car until it is paid. There is no actual car dealers, so it was fine with a little professional help. FAMCO is the department of the National University of Rwanda, which is responsible for training of specialists in Fam ily and Co mmunity medicine, and Michael and Calvin, the two American professors in this department. In practical Cal and Mimi as we live are quite incredibly hospitable and helpful. They are in the middle of the 60s and has worked around the world for many years. The first day we were here, Mimi found a cardboard cold room solutions box and said, "This is Susan's box, here I will put it in that you will need." And I have since laws that have been put in the box, it was certainly fast too small. Every time she found something and asked if I wanted it, I said yes, so I have everything from glue stick to potato marshes, the boiler letter pair, clips and candles ... it's great.
As she says, there is no need to spend money to buy something you can get, and I am as totally agree with her in. One of the first days, she shared her spices, and today we have shared her no small portfolio of Tupperware!! Rwanda cold room solutions is a country without plastic bags, so it is invaluable to our household.
Today, we have the shopping. Mimi has shown me some shops selling husholdingsting, so I've bought plates, cutlery, glasses, etc., I have been presented with many nice people who now know that I am Mimi's friend and therefore will give me a good treatment ! She is a sweet and positive person with a great sense of humor. She has Parkinson's disease, however, is well treated, but she gets tired quickly, so it is important to find a balance in spirit, she parrat to embark on anything. I relieve her as best I could and she is luckily easy to help. Today I made "the world's best bread" (from kvalimad.dk) and it caused great excitement. Americans are very sweet things and this house is no exception. The horror suffered in me when I see breakfast of oversød frugyougurt cold room solutions with honey toasted muesli .... bread is often sweet, so I was a little curious as to how my body was received, but it was a success. Mimi is a good cook, has written a cookbook! and is very interested cold room solutions in learning new things, so we learn from each other, we have a common approach to waste (no good), so we have a charming life, laugh a lot, although
The rainy season is beginning in time, ie. there will be some showers of varying intensity and duration during the day. Sometimes lost electricity so but it comes as regl quickly. The temperature is appropriate at 22-28 degrees during the day and 15-18 at night I think.
Although the practical has filled much, there has also been time to get started on the academic activities. We were on Monday with a trip to Kabgayi Hospital, where a group of 10 medical students were in the clinic in family medicine and in 4 groups presented include presentations on HIV / AIDS and pregnant control / contraception. It was very interesting and instructive to follow. In this context, we expediency with Vincent, who is a doctor and now PhD students at the University of Aarhus and doing project with
No comments:
Post a Comment