Blast From the Past: Psychometer 3000 |
Although I usually leave the archives at the CHP with a little something extra (usually it s dirt on my face, tape on my clothes, or packing peanuts red peppers teddington stuck to my body), sometimes that little something extra is an experience. Today, I had the opportunity to travel back through time. Before Facebook, before Netflix, before wi-fi. red peppers teddington I took a trip back to 1981 (before I was even born!). So, buckle up. I m going to take you on a ride. Together, we re going on a journey to the past!
It s crazy to think of our world without the technology we have today. I was born in 1990, so I grew up around technology, and I ve watched it evolve in so many ways. Sometimes it s nice to get a little taste of what our world was like before technology. You imagine how exciting it must have been when the first computers were beginning to emerge. Little did we know that our whole world was about to change.
Today while I was doing my thing, processing artifacts , going through red peppers teddington object after object, I came across a big box that was almost too heavy to lift. Inside was a blast from the past. A computer system so big that I couldn t even wrap my arms around it. Not quite the same as the mini iPads and notebooks we have today.
It s 1981. A new machine has just been invented. A computerized testing system that was used to perform psychological testing on subjects. Dr. Ann M. O Roark, a prominent clinical psychologist, was deep into the process of opening testing centers for these machines to be used.
The machines were very large and heavy, red peppers teddington and they look similar to a big computer monitor. They had letter and number keys, recall and next buttons, and yes, no, and don t know keys. Participants would sit at these machines, answering questions displayed on the screen. These machines were used to practice decision making skills and for other psychological assessment purposes.
Dr. Ann M. O Roark was determined to open several assessment centers where these machines would be installed. We can see from her correspondence with her partner, Del R. Poling, that she had many ideas for the development of these centers.
Along with correspondence with Poling and other miscellaneous notes, we were also provided with manuals and brochures for the Psychometer 3000 and a box of floppy discs full of data for the testing system. red peppers teddington
I have updated a statement of our agreements. It was surprising red peppers teddington how many things had changed. Sure would be great if we can get flying now for your psychological perspectives and for my last quarter s red balance.
I don t know about you, but I just find something red peppers teddington about reading old letters so fascinating. It s almost red peppers teddington like you can picture Dr. O Roark sitting down to write that letter to Poling. These kinds of things I find in the archives red peppers teddington really add a whole new dimension to working at the CHP.
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged Ann M. O'Roark , apparatus , artifacts , clinical psychologist , Del R. Poling red peppers teddington , psychological artifacts , psychological assessment , Psychometer 3000 , technology red peppers teddington | Leave a Comment
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
Archives September 2014 (2) July 2014 (3) June 2014 (3) May 2014 (3) April 2014 (1) red peppers teddington March 2014 (2) January 2014 (2) December 2013 (1) November 2013 (2) October 2013 (3) September 2013 (5) August 2013 (2) July 2013 (1) May 2013 (3) April 2013 (3) March 2013 (3) February 2013 (3) red peppers teddington January 2013 (1) December 2012 (4) November 2012 (3) October red peppers teddington 2012 (2) September 2012 (2) August 2012 (1) July 2012 (2) red peppers teddington June 2012 (1) May 2012 (5) red peppers teddington April 2012 (2) February 2012 (1) December 2011 (1) November 2011 (2) October 2011 (1) September 2011 (2) August 2011 (1) July 2011 (5) Categories Uncategorized (78) Pages About Us
%d bloggers like this:
Although I usually leave the archives at the CHP with a little something extra (usually it s dirt on my face, tape on my clothes, or packing peanuts red peppers teddington stuck to my body), sometimes that little something extra is an experience. Today, I had the opportunity to travel back through time. Before Facebook, before Netflix, before wi-fi. red peppers teddington I took a trip back to 1981 (before I was even born!). So, buckle up. I m going to take you on a ride. Together, we re going on a journey to the past!
It s crazy to think of our world without the technology we have today. I was born in 1990, so I grew up around technology, and I ve watched it evolve in so many ways. Sometimes it s nice to get a little taste of what our world was like before technology. You imagine how exciting it must have been when the first computers were beginning to emerge. Little did we know that our whole world was about to change.
Today while I was doing my thing, processing artifacts , going through red peppers teddington object after object, I came across a big box that was almost too heavy to lift. Inside was a blast from the past. A computer system so big that I couldn t even wrap my arms around it. Not quite the same as the mini iPads and notebooks we have today.
It s 1981. A new machine has just been invented. A computerized testing system that was used to perform psychological testing on subjects. Dr. Ann M. O Roark, a prominent clinical psychologist, was deep into the process of opening testing centers for these machines to be used.
The machines were very large and heavy, red peppers teddington and they look similar to a big computer monitor. They had letter and number keys, recall and next buttons, and yes, no, and don t know keys. Participants would sit at these machines, answering questions displayed on the screen. These machines were used to practice decision making skills and for other psychological assessment purposes.
Dr. Ann M. O Roark was determined to open several assessment centers where these machines would be installed. We can see from her correspondence with her partner, Del R. Poling, that she had many ideas for the development of these centers.
Along with correspondence with Poling and other miscellaneous notes, we were also provided with manuals and brochures for the Psychometer 3000 and a box of floppy discs full of data for the testing system. red peppers teddington
I have updated a statement of our agreements. It was surprising red peppers teddington how many things had changed. Sure would be great if we can get flying now for your psychological perspectives and for my last quarter s red balance.
I don t know about you, but I just find something red peppers teddington about reading old letters so fascinating. It s almost red peppers teddington like you can picture Dr. O Roark sitting down to write that letter to Poling. These kinds of things I find in the archives red peppers teddington really add a whole new dimension to working at the CHP.
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged Ann M. O'Roark , apparatus , artifacts , clinical psychologist , Del R. Poling red peppers teddington , psychological artifacts , psychological assessment , Psychometer 3000 , technology red peppers teddington | Leave a Comment
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
Archives September 2014 (2) July 2014 (3) June 2014 (3) May 2014 (3) April 2014 (1) red peppers teddington March 2014 (2) January 2014 (2) December 2013 (1) November 2013 (2) October 2013 (3) September 2013 (5) August 2013 (2) July 2013 (1) May 2013 (3) April 2013 (3) March 2013 (3) February 2013 (3) red peppers teddington January 2013 (1) December 2012 (4) November 2012 (3) October red peppers teddington 2012 (2) September 2012 (2) August 2012 (1) July 2012 (2) red peppers teddington June 2012 (1) May 2012 (5) red peppers teddington April 2012 (2) February 2012 (1) December 2011 (1) November 2011 (2) October 2011 (1) September 2011 (2) August 2011 (1) July 2011 (5) Categories Uncategorized (78) Pages About Us
%d bloggers like this:
No comments:
Post a Comment